Thursday, July 19, 2007

Jean McGuire

Wow, she's such an amazing woman. The whole thing was mostly like story time for me like back in fourth grade. Without the lights, mics, camera &&the posture. She mentioned a lot of people's names and I wish I knew what she was talking about. I think the most interesting part of the interview was when she talked about what she personally did. Like how she went to the schools and actually counted how many free seats there were in the schools that has shut down parents who went earlier to ask if there was any free seats. It's amazing what parents would go through for their parents. It was amazing how she was able to talk about everything as if they all happened yesterday. The dates and the key events, she just seems to know it all.
She was not shy. ..at all. It was great though Howard and Julie had a hard time getting us to leave the building. She did not look like a 70 year old at all &&she moved like she was young. I have much to thank her for what she has done through out the thirty years that she has contributed to the METCO program, I wouldn't be me without it. It has been an amazing journey as my years in METCO wind down for my last year as a senior in Lincoln Sudbury Regional High School.

a`more sophie

No comments: