Thursday, July 19, 2007

I aM FrOm MoThErLaNd

i am a chocolate seed
with great powers

i am an immigrant
from across town or should
i say across the world...

i am Alvin Ailey
with great movement
and hot feet

i have hot feet,
i am me, i am
him, i am her
i am they, i am them

i am the crispy brown
crumbs that wants to hide and not get eaten by the
two little ain't who fights over me, in a crack concrete

i am the photos who tells
a story of nothing, but i am the shoes who
walked the march,
i am the clothes who's been ripped by dogs and stained
with the red pain form bloody Sunday...

remember that?

" oh snap " i am the
coins that sleep ed in
mamas, Nana's, and boos
pocket

i am the dreams that they carry
i am the soul that they love

i am the past, where
grandpa act, i am the future where
i need to be,
i am martin who needs me
i am me, you and we all.

1 comment:

Cheryl said...

I love your poem O!Its deep.You should give me some writing tips.=]