Wednesday, July 18, 2007

"I am" -Jessica Estelle

I am from the brown outlined in white 3 floor apartment since birth.
I am from family gatherings, like birthday parties where gossip is to be heard.
I am from a family tree that's not so perfect and never will be.
I am from generations that i won't ever see.
I am from Jag to curry chicken...Bloosoming gardens and tree with my great grandmother, who is still living.
I am from Brava, Cape Verde all the way to the lands of Europe.
I am from the descendents who claim hunger, wealth and power-It's a trip, huh?
I am from annoying cousins to apple pies.
I am from my mother whose motto is to have love, faith and hope for yourself.
I am from my elegant white on gold wallpapered bedroom.
I am from Jazz and R&B filled in my Mp3 playa!
I am from the smooth and neosoul sounds of Miles Davis, India Arie, Musiq Soulchild and even Barry White and Al Green.
I am from ice pops to cookie crumbs, baby pools even lat nights up listening to the sounds of the city and drunken fools.
I am from "whose your best friend?!?" to "Turn the a/c off before using the microwave!"
I am from sunflower seeds on my computer desk to shoes that still fit me from middle school.
I am from a family filled with hopes and dreams pushed down with hatred and lies.
Although, I am from a place that you probably don't even care about-It's cool cuz I am from a place that is still wonderful all throghout!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

No comments: