Wednesday, July 18, 2007

(I am from) POEM - by Cheryl

I am from..... by me! Cheryl =]
I am from an old fashioned household where corny jokes and long stories are told
I am from Al Green and billie Holiday records, from watching soul train and old timers playin checkers
I am from the genres hip hop & RnB where I don't define music but music defines me
I'm from long floral scarfs tied to the front and having communion on the first church sunday of the month
I am from graffiti on the sidewalks and cracks on the concrete
I'm from late nite phone calls from my goonies planning where we should meet
I am from fried chicken,cornbread,coolaid, and collard greens
I'm from my mama tellin me girl, u better iron them jeans
When u come by you'll find cousin Nita and lil Bri Bri at the crib
That's where I'm from
That's how I live....
teeyana isz my hero!!! ;-))SIKEEEEEEEEE......(i didn't type that,she did)LOLzzz !! ENJOY!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OMG CHERYL UR SUCH A DOLL I DIDNT EVEN NO I WAZ UR HERO DATSZZ SOO AWESOME!!!