Wednesday, July 11, 2007

An Accident!!!!!!!!!

I probably have had to make many decisions throughout seventeen years of living. Just hearing Jesus (the guy we learned about today) conflicting with himself to help a white woman with a baby, siutcase and two kids and his reasons why were very interesting. His dilema was that he wanted to help the white lady but was confused because it was so late, he would come off as a someone who would just be up to no good. This situation occured in the 1950's. His conflict was about courtesy. Mine was just an accident....I know that the decision that i made for just going through the electronic doors at Ruggles station probably wasn't the best thing to do. But he didn't have to touch me! I was coming from shoooting a short film with a friend of mines when i got to Rugggles. To make a long story short, i heard my train approaching, ran to the doors (without hitting anyone) but some idiot on the other side went through before me. I just went through after he did, instead of missing my train to go home early for the first time all school year! I heard this MBTA police officer yelling "hey, hey!" I turned around towards him beore i went downstairs and i waved my pass at him so that he knew that i wasn't "cheating the system"....I didn't know that he was running after me. Instead of being a gentleman and ask me to get off the train, he used force! To this day, i'm glad for this experience because he will get his (karma) eventually and i see things differently. The challenges that this decision that i made were more than i thought could ever happen to me. It was obvious that this was a racial thing because out of all the people at Ruggles station, he pinpointed me...a young African American woman, who he probably enjoyed slamming around. The case is still in the process, but now my lawyer recently told my mother that it was finally reaching up to the Cheif of the MBTA.The day that i had to go to Juvy, all everyone did was laugh and the case was dismissed because it was so silly. My issue was that police can swarm public transportation stations, but can't reach a spot that someone was killed until like hours later!!!!!!!! The decision that i made wasn't the best, i kno, but his wasn't either. The impact of my decision was huge. I had made my whole entire family worried from my emotional call from the police station and even i worried my friends and staff at school. Not smart on my part, but it was an accident....

No comments: